Tag Archives: arduino

Car Collision Prevention Project – Switching to an Ultrasonic Sensor from Stereo Vision

After calibrating and validating the results of a rectified stereo pair, I found that the Raspberry Pi’s performance isn’t capable of running the script effectively. Running the rectification script on a very small image along with the StereoBM function was taking around 3 seconds to process each frame. This obviously wasn’t ideal since we couldn’t use a computer to do the calculation as it had to portable, so I decided to switch over to using an Arduino with an ultrasonic sensor.

Continue reading Car Collision Prevention Project – Switching to an Ultrasonic Sensor from Stereo Vision